Resources for People Seeking Abortions:
- Aid Access is currently the only abortion provider who will prescribe pills to all 50 states, via non-US based clinicians. Offers sliding scale down to zero dollars, and a sliding scale down to 55.00 for advance pills for those who are not pregnant.
- Plan C has a state by state directory on how to get pills by mail. Particularly look at the information at the bottom of the page "creative ways to access pills," under the restrictive states.
- DC Doulas for Choice Collective provides in-person doula support for people before, during and after abortions.
- M + A Hotline has a free confidential hotline staffed by vetted doctor and nurse practitioner volunteers who answer questions about abortion.
- Las Libres provides virtual support in Spanish for people seeking abortions.
Resources for Helping People Access Abortions:
- Support Mississippi abortion funds and organizers.
- Donate to your local abortion fund and others across the country and give to independent clinics. Amplify their calls to action! Apiary Collective is a network of practical support organizations. We recommend looking up your local funds and seeing which ones you feel like you want to support the most. Some funds are specifically set up for non English speakers, some are associated with certain clinics. Reading about your local abortion funds can help you become more dialed in to your local community of people who share your values.
- Help fund direct support for those who will be investigated, arrested, and prosecuted for self-managing abortion as clinical care becomes more difficult to access with a donation to the Repro Legal Defense Fund.
- Register for this virtual Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization debrief on July 12th at 12 PM PT/3 PM ET. If/When/How’s panel will analyze the decision, lay out the post-Dobbs repro legal and policy landscape, and talk about next steps that move us towards a future where everyone can self-determine their reproductive lives freely, and thrive.
- Register for HIPS’ virtual gathering on the interconnections of harm reduction and reproductive justice, happening on August 22nd. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Volunteer to be a clinic escort. DC has long been a safe haven where people travel for abortion care. DC clinics will be busier than ever before, and will likely need volunteers.
- Educate yourself, friends, and loved ones. People can get pills right now before they are pregnant. People can still get abortion pills in all states through Aid Access, before and during pregnancy. Not enough people are aware of abortion pills or where to get them, and that you can get them through the mail. Here is a helpful article from the ACLU about abortion access in DC.